Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hey, I don't get sick days!

My son and I have both come down with some everlasting sickness and have been sick and coughing since last week. My husband comes home yesterday, and has the nerve to be annoyed with me. Why? Because I forgot the tv was going to be delivered today and didn't get over to the Verizon store to get my phone fixed. Yep. So, this is the worst I have felt since the time I was worshipping the porcelain god last year for two days (with my son flushing the toilet and trying to close the lid on my head), and I still had to dress, change, and feed my son. I took a little bit of time to leave the house so William would stop driving me nuts, and to watch my friends kids. Apparently, this indicates to my husband that I am capable of taking care of things, so that means he can get annoyed when I fail to remember a FEW things. Not like he tried to remind me or anything. Of course, he couldn't share in the responsibility to remember the tv was being delivered today - despite the fact that I am walking around in a fog and can only tell you the day because it is programmed into my watch. When I complained, he said, well, you felt good enough to go get coffee and donuts (decaf coffee, and I bought the donuts for HIM), so you should be able to at least take care of the phone.

Okay buddy - what did you take care of on your sick days home? Yes, two weeks ago, my husband was home for two days with bronchitis, during which he took over the tv, computer, and asked me to do everything for him, on top of trying to keep the house clean, do laundry, and keep William from bothering Daddy. He was achy, and very grumpy if I asked him to do anything for himself while I was otherwise occupied. It was like this all week, even the days he went to work. I didn't mind taking care of him; I love him, and hate when he doesn't feel good. But basically, I was working overtime for a week. He went back to work, and is feeling great.

Firstly, HE stayed home from work two days, and we went out for lunch the second day - at HIS request. Second, taking care of the phone would be difficult even if I wasn't sick. When he got his phone fixed, he had to sit at the Verizon store for almost an hour while they updated his software. That was annoying to him. Imagine being there that long with a two year old.

Next time he is sick, I think I'm going to tell him to suck it up.

1 comment:

  1. I do all the time that is why clark has stopped complaining. He gets no sympathy from me and he knows it. (we have been married for 10 years)
    Kids thats another story, HuBBY your on your own and you are in my office when you stay home, so pick up a towel and throw away your dirty underwear. (or put it in the wash whatever)

    ReplyDelete