Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Snowman - complete with smile :)

I know! Let's use raisins for his eyes!
 Today, William and I made his first snowman. Originally, we were going to play in the snow, maybe play a little snow baseball; we were busy making our snowballs when William asked me,
"Mom, can we make a snowman?" And so, the snowman construction commenced. 

   We had a grand time, sprinkling a little horseplay among the snow packing and rolling. While we built, William began telling me all about our 

snowman. Apparently, our snowman races cars, wears a scarf, but not a hat, and has a carrot for a nose. Of course... Duh! Doesn't every snowman? Oh, and he makes the inside of his race cars into freezers so he doesn't melt when he is inside. And he likes to shake his butt when he dances. I didn't know snowmen could dance, being white, but there you have it. After we finished the body, we started on his face. Obviously, it had already been decided that he had a carrot for a nose - despite the fact that the only carrots I had were the bagged baby kind. It worked though, since we made his head so small, he looked like he recently spent some time floating down the Amazon. Then, we brainstormed some ideas for eyes. William wanted buttons, then decided raisins were the way to go. When William went inside to get the raisins, I remembered the pebbles we have on the side of the house, and picked out a few.  I showed him the pebbles when he got back and he said, "No, not rocks MOM!! Those won't look right. Good idea though." Pause, while he tries to open the box of raisins "Hey, I know! Those can be his privates!" Wait, did I hear him right? Yes, yes I did. He wanted to use the pebbles to make the snowman some privates. I turned to look at him, and he just started giggling uncontrollably. He definitely has his father's sense of humor. Okay, so I thought it was pretty funny too. After we finished the snowman, I decided we should make snow ice cream - condensed milk mixed with snow until it reaches ice cream consistency. YUM! A good day.
          And so, I present to you, William's first snowman! If you are wondering why he has a blue/green smile, we had problems getting the raisins to stay for the mouth, so William decided to draw one on with marker. If you are wondering why his smile is below his neck - ask William.
    To be honest, I think it might be mine as well. I remember attempting to make snowmen when I was young, but I don't remember actually finishing one. I would spend a lot of time making a large base, because I always wanted to make a GIANT snowman, and would give up before he was more than just a bottom. So, while I have made a plethora of snowmen butts, I have never made an entire snowman. I guess you could say I am an expert in fabricating frosty posteriors. He he he. Yes, I do realize our snowman has a very small head, an odd shaped body, and the birds will probably eat his eyes very shortly, which is probably why he committed suicide not long after being built, but I think he's sort of cute. You know you are all jealous. You wish you had a snowman as fabulous as ours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment